Essential Functions Include But Are Not Limited To
- Acknowledge and greet every person that enters billing office with eye contact and a smile
- Speak to every patient on the phone with respect and a smile.
- Enter all daily charges from previous day sign in slips. Follow up with providers for any charges not corresponding to diagnosis codes.
- Enter all surgery and OB delivery charges.
- Print Pt Information sheet from PrimeSuite, surgery report, delivery report, and pathology report from Epic/BHE
- Post all Insurance EOB’s – Download from Availity or Insurance carrier direct as well as hard copies from mail
- Post Patient Payments – both in Prime Suite and Zirmed
- Post CCH (Collection Agency) payments
- Reconcile daily transactions and record on daily Deposit report
- Prepare bank deposit and process remote deposit to bank.
- Scan all EOB’s and daily sign in slips into Impact system.
- File/submit all Primary and Secondary Insurance claims daily.
- Follow up on old claims, appeal denied claims.
- Process all FMLA paperwork and forms
- Contact Insurance carriers for patient eligibility and benefits
- Process all precertifications for surgeries, c-sections, and inductions.
- Process precerts for MRI’s, CT scans, and ultrasounds.
- Verify and calculate all OB Prepay charges to patient. Complete OB Prepay patient paperwork.
- Explain to patients OB Prepay policies and follow up on collecting OB Prepayments.
- Process precerts for Mirena, Skyla, Nexplanon, Reclast, Prolia and Boniva and coordinate with GYN nurse.
- Contact patients to inform of financial responsibilities – set up payment plans if necessary
- Run reports to check Patient Credit balances, Suspended Balances, OB Prepays due, Outstanding Claims, etc.
- Retrieve, sort and distribute mail
Additional Responsibilities May Include
- Know all Front Desk Administration processes
- Provide coverage to front desk through lunches and if front desk employee is absent.
- Know and be able to provide clear and accurate directions to the office
- Perform accurate data entry
- Maintain billing office area in an organized fashion
- Order and maintain stock of office forms, mail machine, and printers
- Be knowledgeable of care and treatment standards and appointment types
- Adhere to office policies and procedures as described in Employee Manual
Essential Functions of All Staff
- Treat every patient with respect and kindness
- Know All Women OB/GYN’s mission statement
- Be a team member
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, co-workers and management
- Effectively cope with typical job stress
- Adhere to appropriate code of conduct, ethics and HIPAA guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned