You will need to arrive 10 minutes early in order to complete your registration at our front desk. Your current insurance card is required and co-payment may be needed depending on your insurance plan.
- 14 weeks gestation and less are scanned vaginally and there is no prep
- 14 weeks gestation and above are scanned abdominally. We ask that you drink 8 ounces of fluid, finished 30 minutes prior to the appointment time in order to have a full bladder.
- Navel rings must be removed prior to abdominal ultrasounds.
- Biophysical Profiles – We ask that you eat a snack or a meal 30 minutes before you arrive at the office.
- Increase your fluid intake for the 2 days prior to your scan.
Children under 6 years old must be accompanied with an adult. Only 3 people of any age, are permitted to accompany the patient. The PDA and ATOM (American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine) will not permit the use of any electronic recording device for personal use, however, thermal pictures may be provided if possible.
This is an elective ultrasound and not covered by any insurance It is a 30 minute scan and scheduled at 26-30 weeks gestation Fee is 150.00 You receive proofs and (2) 4×6 photo quality pictures
Please keep in mind not every picture is a ‘textbook picture”. A baby must be lying in a good position with an adequate amount of fluid hi front of the face to generate a picture. A patients weight also plays a role on the quality of the picture, heavier patients tend to have “fuzzier” pictures. A limited anatomy assessment is also done at this time, but no measurements are taken and therefore no weight is given. Since we don’t know how cooperative the baby will be, there is a partial fee (time and room occupancy) if the baby chooses not to be photogenic.
Any balances on your account must be paid prior to or on the day of your 3D/4D ultrasound appointment.
If you choose not to keep your appointment please cancel 24 hours in advance or you will be charged a “No Show Fee”.